Most people have one big New Year’s Resolution, and struggle with it. A way better idea that I heard during my stay at my parent’s place, in a Sunday morning interview with one of my favourite authors, Thomas Brezina (wikipedia), is the following:
Don’t make one big resolution. Try to think of a couple of things that you’d like to do during the upcoming year. Write them down, and during 2014, check every once in a while how you are doing on completing those plans.
So here are my plans for 2014:
- find about 170 geocaches, so my total will be at least 500 by the end of 2014
- walk another 2 parts of Lechweg with my mum
- hike up Säuling, a mountain near my hometown, also with my mum
- finally complete the trail that goes all around Vienna (“Rundumadum”)
- make use of my Niederösterreich Card
- complete courses worth 30 ECTS per semester, so I’ll finish my Bachelor’s degree within 8 semester in sum
and of course, the classic thing: restart going to Yoga and Gymnastics classes on a weekly basis.
Did you make a resolution? Or do you have plans, like I do?